List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sashan Govender Date:February 21 2011 1:37am
Subject:replication after network link failure
View as plain text
Hi

We have an issue with replication where data in the table is not replicated within 5
minutes after network link fails. The setup we have is a master/master. We have an
application writing to node 1 and the data is replicated to node 2. Then we pull out the
cable connecting the 2 nodes while the application is writing to the database. After a
while we stick the cable back in and check node 2 expecting that the data is replicated
there but it isn't. There are no errors in the log file to indicate anything wrong.

The output from show slave status\G looks sane after plugging the cable back into the
switch. I've pasted the output from both nodes below. There are no errors in the mysql
log files but the data that I expect to be replicated after plugging the cable back into
the switch is not replicated. Is there some config option I'm missing?

mysql> show slave status\G
               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
                  Master_Host: metropolisdb1
                  Master_User: replicate
                  Master_Port: 3306
                Connect_Retry: 60
              Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 107
               Relay_Log_File: gothamdb1-relay-bin.000002
                Relay_Log_Pos: 253
        Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
             Slave_IO_Running: Yes
            Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
              Replicate_Do_DB: test
          Replicate_Ignore_DB:
           Replicate_Do_Table:
       Replicate_Ignore_Table:
      Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
  Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
                   Last_Errno: 0
                   Last_Error:
                 Skip_Counter: 0
          Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 107
              Relay_Log_Space: 413
              Until_Condition: None
               Until_Log_File:
                Until_Log_Pos: 0
           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
           Master_SSL_CA_File:
           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
              Master_SSL_Cert:
            Master_SSL_Cipher:
               Master_SSL_Key:
        Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
                Last_IO_Errno: 0
                Last_IO_Error:
               Last_SQL_Errno: 0
               Last_SQL_Error:
  Replicate_Ignore_Server_Ids:
             Master_Server_Id: 2
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show slave status\G
               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
                  Master_Host: gothamdb1
                  Master_User: replicate
                  Master_Port: 3306
                Connect_Retry: 60
              Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 53875
               Relay_Log_File: metropolisdb1-relay-bin.000002
                Relay_Log_Pos: 54021
        Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
             Slave_IO_Running: Yes
            Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
              Replicate_Do_DB: test
          Replicate_Ignore_DB:
           Replicate_Do_Table:
       Replicate_Ignore_Table:
      Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
  Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
                   Last_Errno: 0
                   Last_Error:
                 Skip_Counter: 0
          Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 53875
              Relay_Log_Space: 54185
              Until_Condition: None
               Until_Log_File:
                Until_Log_Pos: 0
           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
           Master_SSL_CA_File:
           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
              Master_SSL_Cert:
            Master_SSL_Cipher:
               Master_SSL_Key:
        Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
                Last_IO_Errno: 0
                Last_IO_Error:
               Last_SQL_Errno: 0
               Last_SQL_Error:
  Replicate_Ignore_Server_Ids:
             Master_Server_Id: 1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Regards,

Sashan
Thread
replication after network link failureSashan Govender21 Feb
  • Re: replication after network link failureJohan De Meersman21 Feb
    • RE: replication after network link failureSashan Govender22 Feb
      • Re: replication after network link failureJeremy Zawodny22 Feb
        • RE: replication after network link failureSashan Govender22 Feb