List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Wallace Date:December 7 2010 10:05am
Subject:Limits to Multi-master replication?
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm looking at implementing a large-scale MySQL cluster utilising load-
balancing and multi-master replication to support our customer databases.

The cluster will start with a couple of databases, however it is intended to
migrate our existing infrastructure of around 24000 databases to this setup
and then add further databases as we gain more customers.

We need to support MyISAM and InnoDB as we are a mass-webhosting company and
our customers are mainly using Joomla/Wordpress/Drupal/etc and as far as I am
aware these packages do not support MySQL-Cluster, nor do they offer the
opportunity to split reads and writes across multiple nodes.

Our plan is to setup a shared IP Address on our Load-Balancers which points to
a cluster of both physical and virtual nodes configured in a multi-master
replication scenario we would then configure a hostname to point to this IP
Address and supply that as the sole "database server" for our shared hosting
customers.

I'm wondering what the pitfalls or limitations that others may have faced
could be, so all help is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Matt

Thread
Limits to Multi-master replication?Matt Wallace7 Dec
  • Re: Limits to Multi-master replication?Johan De Meersman7 Dec
    • Re: Limits to Multi-master replication?Matt Wallace7 Dec
      • Re: Limits to Multi-master replication?Johan De Meersman7 Dec
      • Re: Limits to Multi-master replication?Rick James8 Dec