List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:December 1 2010 8:19pm
Subject:Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT command
View as plain text
MaatKit tool isn't fit the requirements?

=> http://www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-heartbeat.html

Best regards.
--
WB

2010/12/1 Niv Dalal <niv.dalal@stripped>

> 'DB Version control' may be a nice implementation, any idea how to
> implement such, that will be reflected in all slaves and be updated after
> each commit on the master?
>
> Of course if there is something within MySql that allows me to correlate
> the information without additional tables and such, that may be a better
> solution, isn't it?
> Thank you,
> Niv
>

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Frank <softwareengineer99@stripped>wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm, why are you trying to verify whether transaction reached a slave
>>> using COMMIT within bin logs? Why not just verify using the tables?
>>> Care to clarify?
>>>

>> I guess that's possible, but you'd need unique update sequences for every
>> single column of every single table - quite a bit of overhead compared to,
>> say, a general revision number a la version control.
>>

>> --
>> Bier met grenadyn
>> Is als mosterd by den wyn
>> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandFrank1 Dec
              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System4 Dec
                          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal4 Dec
                            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System5 Dec
                              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal5 Dec
                                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec
                                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandMARK CALLAGHAN7 Dec
                                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec