List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Niv Dalal Date:December 1 2010 7:30pm
Subject:Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT command
View as plain text
Hi
There are two usages we consider for that:
1 .Create a backlog of statements that I may need to execute on the slaves
databases in case of a fail-over in order to make it identical to the master
2. Control the connection pool so that in case the application wants
something that is not yet in the slave it will have to query the master.
Thanks
Niv

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Frank <softwareengineer99@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, why are you trying to verify whether transaction reached a slave
>> using COMMIT within bin logs? Why not just verify using the tables?
>> Care to clarify?
>>

> I guess that's possible, but you'd need unique update sequences for every
> single column of every single table - quite a bit of overhead compared to,
> say, a general revision number a la version control.
>

> --
> Bier met grenadyn
> Is als mosterd by den wyn
> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandFrank1 Dec
              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System4 Dec
                          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal4 Dec
                            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System5 Dec
                              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal5 Dec
                                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec
                                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandMARK CALLAGHAN7 Dec
                                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec