List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:December 1 2010 4:09pm
Subject:Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT command
View as plain text
That's a good challenge. Have you tested semi-synchronous replication yet?
So, after a COMMIT, the binlog file will receive the new stetament. You can
verify new stmts on the file and make it unique based on eng_log_pos. What
do you think?

Best regards.
--
WB

2010/12/1 Niv Dalal <niv.dalal@stripped>

> Actually my question was a bit different, yet may be even more complex than
> I thought based on your answer below.
>
> I want to have some external mechanism that will allow an application to
> keep track of its commits and verify that a specific one is already
> available in the replication DB before it submits a query over there.
> Can I associate the Xid in the log to a specific commit that I'm doing from
> the client?
> Thanks
> Niv
>

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Yes, I see what he means. My first thought was "but the binlog records the
>> thread IDs of each statement, doesn't it" - but I find that it doesn't
>> output it for commits (or even any non-SQL/DML), for some reason.
>>
>> Regular statement:
>>
>>> # at 145848
>>> #101201  8:16:02 server id 4  end_log_pos 145961        Query
>>> thread_id=285357510     exec_time=0     error_code=0
>>> SET TIMESTAMP=1291187762;
>>> DELETE FROM flood WHERE timestamp < 1291184162;
>>>

>> Commit:
>>
>>> # at 185354
>>> #101201  8:19:35 server id 4  end_log_pos 185381        Xid = 22794780179
>>> COMMIT;
>>>

>> Note the absence of a thread_id in the latter - it has the XA transaction
>> ID instead, but the Xid is also not specified by any specific statements
>> belonging to that transaction as far as I can see.
>>
>> The information must be in there, or replication couldn't work; but
>> mysqlbinlog doesn't show it, apparently.
>>

>> An interesting question indeed, and one I'd like to know the answer to.
>>

>> --
>> Bier met grenadyn
>> Is als mosterd by den wyn
>> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandFrank1 Dec
              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System4 Dec
                          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal4 Dec
                            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System5 Dec
                              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal5 Dec
                                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec
                                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandMARK CALLAGHAN7 Dec
                                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec