List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Niv Dalal Date:December 1 2010 1:08pm
Subject:Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT command
View as plain text
Actually my question was a bit different, yet may be even more complex than
I thought based on your answer below.

I want to have some external mechanism that will allow an application to
keep track of its commits and verify that a specific one is already
available in the replication DB before it submits a query over there.
Can I associate the Xid in the log to a specific commit that I'm doing from
the client?
Thanks
Niv

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>wrote:

> Yes, I see what he means. My first thought was "but the binlog records the
> thread IDs of each statement, doesn't it" - but I find that it doesn't
> output it for commits (or even any non-SQL/DML), for some reason.
>
> Regular statement:
>
>> # at 145848
>> #101201  8:16:02 server id 4  end_log_pos 145961        Query
>> thread_id=285357510     exec_time=0     error_code=0
>> SET TIMESTAMP=1291187762;
>> DELETE FROM flood WHERE timestamp < 1291184162;
>>

> Commit:
>
>> # at 185354
>> #101201  8:19:35 server id 4  end_log_pos 185381        Xid = 22794780179
>> COMMIT;
>>

> Note the absence of a thread_id in the latter - it has the XA transaction
> ID instead, but the Xid is also not specified by any specific statements
> belonging to that transaction as far as I can see.
>
> The information must be in there, or replication couldn't work; but
> mysqlbinlog doesn't show it, apparently.
>

> An interesting question indeed, and one I'd like to know the answer to.
>

> --
> Bier met grenadyn
> Is als mosterd by den wyn
> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandFrank1 Dec
              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandJohan De Meersman1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandWagner Bianchi1 Dec
                      • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal1 Dec
                        • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System4 Dec
                          • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal4 Dec
                            • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandDatabase System5 Dec
                              • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandNiv Dalal5 Dec
                                • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec
                                  • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMIT commandMARK CALLAGHAN7 Dec
                                    • Re: Is there a way to associate BINLOG position with specific COMMITcommandMats Kindahl7 Dec