List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:November 29 2010 8:28pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
Well, that is a good explanation:

=> MYI, MYD and frm files are files used by MyISAM tables. The key is, when
you ran mysqldump, the backup file was filled by CREATE TABLEs and many
INSERTs?

If yes -> probably this database have MyISAM tables
If not -> INSERTs should not appear in the backup file;

So, other problem, do you know if you have a mixture of MyISAM and InnoDB
tabels?

if yes -> Myisam TABLES will have data into MYI and MYD at this time;
if not -> You will be required to copy "cp" theInnoDB's tabelspace to
recovery its data (all InnoDB table's data are inside tbs = ibdata)

Best regards.
--
WB

2010/11/29 Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped>

> Hmm.
>
> The database directory I copied contains a lot of fmr, MYD and
> MYI-files.
>
> I guess that makes it a MISAM database instead of innodb...
>
> Maybe that explains it?
>
> The dump I got contains data as well as table definitions for sure.
>
> Regards,
> Magnus
>
> mån 2010-11-29 klockan 17:59 -0200 skrev Wagner Bianchi:
> > Let me just understand what you did. Well, you just copied the database
> > directory containing the ".frm" files and didn', copied the iddata, which
> is
> > the InnoDB tablespace. Am I right? If yes, you copy only tables with no
> > data. Is it what do you want?
> >
> > Best regards.
> > --
> > WB
> >
> > 2010/11/29 Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped>
> >
> > > I did copy only the subdirectory of my
> > > database: /var/lib/mysql/mydatabase
> > >
> > > ibdata1 was not included in the copy.
> > >
> > > I did not set innodb_file_per_table to anything, so I guess it has a
> > > default value.
> > >
> > > All this was on a fresh VirtualBox install of Ubuntu server 6.06.
> > >
> > > I could have sworn that the mysql version was 4.1 (that was what the
> > > crashed server ran, and what I aimed to install), but mysqld --version
> > > gives:
> > >
> > > Ver 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.15-log
> > >
> > > Just copying that subdirectory, setting the correct ownership of the
> > > files and then running
> > >
> > > mysqldump -p mydatabase > dump
> > >
> > > gave me a nice dump which seems to contain what it should!
> > >
> > > That's about it really.
> > >
> > > Maybe copying the whole /var/lib/mysql directory would have worked
> > > directly on a new, modern version of mysql?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Magnus

> would

> database!

> the
> then!

> using
> > > InnoDB,
> compatibility
> model
> > > of
> been
> > > changed

> Then backup
> the

> suffice.
>  If
> > > it is

> database
> and
> > > need

> power
> outage.
> given up, but I
> > > have

> of mysql (in
> > > Ubuntu

> somehow?

> version of
> mysql,
> > > so

> > > --

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov