List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Ekhall Date:November 29 2010 8:14pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
Hmm.

The database directory I copied contains a lot of fmr, MYD and
MYI-files.

I guess that makes it a MISAM database instead of innodb...

Maybe that explains it?

The dump I got contains data as well as table definitions for sure.

Regards,
Magnus

mån 2010-11-29 klockan 17:59 -0200 skrev Wagner Bianchi:
> Let me just understand what you did. Well, you just copied the database
> directory containing the ".frm" files and didn', copied the iddata, which is
> the InnoDB tablespace. Am I right? If yes, you copy only tables with no
> data. Is it what do you want?
>
> Best regards.
> --
> WB
>
> 2010/11/29 Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped>
>
> > I did copy only the subdirectory of my
> > database: /var/lib/mysql/mydatabase
> >
> > ibdata1 was not included in the copy.
> >
> > I did not set innodb_file_per_table to anything, so I guess it has a
> > default value.
> >
> > All this was on a fresh VirtualBox install of Ubuntu server 6.06.
> >
> > I could have sworn that the mysql version was 4.1 (that was what the
> > crashed server ran, and what I aimed to install), but mysqld --version
> > gives:
> >
> > Ver 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.15-log
> >
> > Just copying that subdirectory, setting the correct ownership of the
> > files and then running
> >
> > mysqldump -p mydatabase > dump
> >
> > gave me a nice dump which seems to contain what it should!
> >
> > That's about it really.
> >
> > Maybe copying the whole /var/lib/mysql directory would have worked
> > directly on a new, modern version of mysql?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Magnus
> >

> > mån 2010-11-29 klockan 11:25 -0800 skrev Rick James:
> > > Please provide some details...
> > > Did you copy only the database subdirectory?  Or the entire tree (as I
> > > suggested)?
> > > Did your cp include ibdata1?
> > > What was the setting of innodb_file_per_table?
> > > Which 5.0.xx ?
> > >
> > > (I often get questions about backuping up InnoDB tables via cp; I would
> > > like to know if you have found a different way that is successful.)

> using
> > InnoDB,
> model
> > of
> > changed

> backup the

> suffice.  If
> > it is

> database and
> > need

> outage.
> but I
> > have

> mysql (in
> > Ubuntu

> somehow?

> of mysql,
> > so

> > > --
> > > Rick James - MySQL Geek
> > >

> > --

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov