List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:November 29 2010 6:54pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
 As Rick said, having a cp of files, in the case that you are using InnoDB,
it isn't enough. Other problem is regarding to the compatibility model of
InnoDB tablespace. The logical structure of this file have been changed
since MySQL 5.0.

So, are you using InnoDB or MyISAM in old database?

Best regards.
--
WB

2010/11/29 Rick James <rjames@stripped>

> Put all of
>
> /var/lib/mysql
>
> on a fresh machine; not just the database directory.  Then backup the
> desired table(s).
>
> If you are using InnoDB , the directory you chose won't suffice.  If it is
> MyISAM, it should have worked.
>

> On 11/28/10 12:17 PM, Magnus Ekhall wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to do a rather odd replication of a mysql database and need
>> some hints.
>>
>> An old server of mine died horribly during a recent power outage.
>> It had a mysql 4.1 server. The hardware has just given up, but I have
>> managed to get all files from the harddrive.
>>
>> Since the server won't boot I cannot run mysqldump.
>>
>> I then tried just moving the database files
>> from /var/lib/mysql/thedatabas onto a fresh install of mysql (in Ubuntu
>> 10.10, so version 5.x), but that did not work.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a way to get a dump of my database somehow?
>>
>> I'm going to set up a new server running a recent version of mysql, so
>> the equivalent of mysqldump is ideal.
>>
>> Any ideas at all?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Magnus
>>

> --
> Rick James - MySQL Geek

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov