List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mihail Manolov Date:November 28 2010 11:09pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
The platform doesn't matter unless you have float type columns. I've migrated from 32bit
to 64bit OS w/o any issues just by repairing the tables (both MyISAM and InnoDB.)

Magnus, it's ok if you see the error, What matters is that at the end of the script will
attempt to repair them. In case if repair fails, try to run the mysqlcheck command
without -q, for example:

myssqlcheck -v --all-databases --auto-repair

On Nov 28, 2010, at 5:57 PM, a.smith@stripped wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  more important than the version of Ubuntu is the architecture, ie amd64,  ia64, x86
> etc...
>
> thanks Andy.
>
> Quoting Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped>:
>
>> Lisa,
>>
>> Both the new and the old server are running Linux. Old: Ubuntu 5.10 with
>> mysql 4.1 New: Ubuntu 10.10 with mysql 5.1
>>
>> I'm going to try to install Ubuntu 5.1 (or something similar) tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Magnus

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov