List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mihail Manolov Date:November 28 2010 9:02pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
Try:

mysqlcheck -vq --all-databases --auto-repair

On Nov 28, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Magnus Ekhall wrote:

> I tried running mysqlrepair (on a copy of the data), but it objects
> with:
>
> thedatabase.atable
> Error    : Incorrect key file for table 'atable'; try to repair it
> error    : Corrupt
>
> I guess I could try and install some old ubuntu release in a which has a
> 4.1-server in a VirtualBox and see if the same error occurs there...
>
> Regards,
> Magnus
>

> sön 2010-11-28 klockan 14:41 -0600 skrev Jeff Smelser:
>> if you have another copy, I would try to repair it.. I think it just needs
>> to redo the keys.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped>
> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, mysql seems to understand that the database should exist.
>>>
>>> But when I try to dump it, (or just do a select * from table;) i get
>>> error messages like:
>>>
>>> mysqldump: Got error: 1034: Incorrect key file for table 'atable'; try
>>> to repair it when using LOCK TABLES
>>>
>>> I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that these errors are beacause I'm trying
>>> to forcibly insert a 4.1 database into a 5.x server...
>>>
>>> But maybe not?
>>>
>>> Your answer gives me hope; that it should work the way I'm trying it
>>> now!
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for answering!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Magnus

> <koma@stripped>

> need

> have

> Ubuntu

> so

>>> --

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov