List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Ekhall Date:November 28 2010 10:45pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
Lisa,

Both the new and the old server are running Linux. Old: Ubuntu 5.10 with
mysql 4.1 New: Ubuntu 10.10 with mysql 5.1

I'm going to try to install Ubuntu 5.1 (or something similar) tomorrow.

Thanks.

Regards,
Magnus

sön 2010-11-28 klockan 14:28 -0800 skrev Database System:
> Magnus,
>
> You didn't say what type of OS did you have on old database server, and what version
> of MySQL on the new server. If they are not match (or the new server has newer version of
> MySQL), the data files won't work on the new server. If that is the case, you need to
> setup save enviornment, then dump the data.
>
> Regards,
> Lisa

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov