List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Database System Date:November 28 2010 10:28pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
Magnus,

You didn't say what type of OS did you have on old database server, and what version of
MySQL on the new server. If they are not match (or the new server has newer version of
MySQL), the data files won't work on the new server. If that is the case, you need to
setup save enviornment, then dump the data.

Regards,
Lisa