List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Ekhall Date:November 28 2010 8:51pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
I tried running mysqlrepair (on a copy of the data), but it objects
with:

thedatabase.atable
Error    : Incorrect key file for table 'atable'; try to repair it
error    : Corrupt

I guess I could try and install some old ubuntu release in a which has a
4.1-server in a VirtualBox and see if the same error occurs there...

Regards,
Magnus

sön 2010-11-28 klockan 14:41 -0600 skrev Jeff Smelser:
> if you have another copy, I would try to repair it.. I think it just needs
> to redo the keys.
>
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Well, mysql seems to understand that the database should exist.
> >
> > But when I try to dump it, (or just do a select * from table;) i get
> > error messages like:
> >
> > mysqldump: Got error: 1034: Incorrect key file for table 'atable'; try
> > to repair it when using LOCK TABLES
> >
> > I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that these errors are beacause I'm trying
> > to forcibly insert a 4.1 database into a 5.x server...
> >
> > But maybe not?
> >
> > Your answer gives me hope; that it should work the way I'm trying it
> > now!
> >
> > Thanks a lot for answering!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Magnus
> >

> > sön 2010-11-28 klockan 14:21 -0600 skrev Jeff Smelser:
> > > Define "Did not work?"
> > >
> > > As long as the my.cnf are the same, and mysql was NOT running when you
> > > copied the files. it should work.
> > >
> > > Unless the files are bad.

> need

> Ubuntu

> so

> > --

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov