List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Smelser Date:November 28 2010 8:41pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
if you have another copy, I would try to repair it.. I think it just needs
to redo the keys.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped> wrote:

> Well, mysql seems to understand that the database should exist.
>
> But when I try to dump it, (or just do a select * from table;) i get
> error messages like:
>
> mysqldump: Got error: 1034: Incorrect key file for table 'atable'; try
> to repair it when using LOCK TABLES
>
> I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that these errors are beacause I'm trying
> to forcibly insert a 4.1 database into a 5.x server...
>
> But maybe not?
>
> Your answer gives me hope; that it should work the way I'm trying it
> now!
>
> Thanks a lot for answering!
>
> Regards,
> Magnus
>

> sön 2010-11-28 klockan 14:21 -0600 skrev Jeff Smelser:
> > Define "Did not work?"
> >
> > As long as the my.cnf are the same, and mysql was NOT running when you
> > copied the files. it should work.
> >
> > Unless the files are bad.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am trying to do a rather odd replication of a mysql database and need
> > > some hints.
> > >
> > > An old server of mine died horribly during a recent power outage.
> > > It had a mysql 4.1 server. The hardware has just given up, but I have
> > > managed to get all files from the harddrive.
> > >
> > > Since the server won't boot I cannot run mysqldump.
> > >
> > > I then tried just moving the database files
> > > from /var/lib/mysql/thedatabas onto a fresh install of mysql (in Ubuntu
> > > 10.10, so version 5.x), but that did not work.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest a way to get a dump of my database somehow?
> > >
> > > I'm going to set up a new server running a recent version of mysql, so
> > > the equivalent of mysqldump is ideal.
> > >
> > > Any ideas at all?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Magnus
> > >

> > > --

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov