List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Ekhall Date:November 28 2010 8:39pm
Subject:Re: Saving an old database from a dead server
View as plain text
Well, mysql seems to understand that the database should exist.

But when I try to dump it, (or just do a select * from table;) i get
error messages like:

mysqldump: Got error: 1034: Incorrect key file for table 'atable'; try
to repair it when using LOCK TABLES

I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that these errors are beacause I'm trying
to forcibly insert a 4.1 database into a 5.x server...

But maybe not?

Your answer gives me hope; that it should work the way I'm trying it
now!

Thanks a lot for answering!

Regards,
Magnus

sön 2010-11-28 klockan 14:21 -0600 skrev Jeff Smelser:
> Define "Did not work?"
>
> As long as the my.cnf are the same, and mysql was NOT running when you
> copied the files. it should work.
>
> Unless the files are bad.
>
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Magnus Ekhall <koma@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to do a rather odd replication of a mysql database and need
> > some hints.
> >
> > An old server of mine died horribly during a recent power outage.
> > It had a mysql 4.1 server. The hardware has just given up, but I have
> > managed to get all files from the harddrive.
> >
> > Since the server won't boot I cannot run mysqldump.
> >
> > I then tried just moving the database files
> > from /var/lib/mysql/thedatabas onto a fresh install of mysql (in Ubuntu
> > 10.10, so version 5.x), but that did not work.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a way to get a dump of my database somehow?
> >
> > I'm going to set up a new server running a recent version of mysql, so
> > the equivalent of mysqldump is ideal.
> >
> > Any ideas at all?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Magnus
> >

> > --

Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverJeff Smelser28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMySQL)29 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
            • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
              • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi29 Nov
                  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall29 Nov
                    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverWagner Bianchi30 Nov
                      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverRick James30 Nov
Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
  • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System28 Nov
    • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMagnus Ekhall28 Nov
      • Re: Saving an old database from a dead servera.smith28 Nov
        • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverMihail Manolov29 Nov
          • Re: Saving an old database from a dead serverDatabase System29 Nov