List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 14 2010 7:05am
Subject:Re: Filtered data replication
View as plain text
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Ritesh Nadhani <riteshn@stripped> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>
> wrote:
> > Well, traditionally, partitioning :-)
> >
> > Bandwidth, storage, ... ?
> >

> Well, without getting into much details, it mostly about security.

Unless you're worried about the actual DBAs, I see no issue in granting a
user select only on a single partition instead of the global table. Don't
forget, a "partitioned table'" is just a layer, and the partitions are
actual, real tables that may be queried directly.

If you *are* worried about your DBAs, you have bigger problems than
partitioning :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Filtered data replicationRitesh Nadhani14 Sep
  • Re: Filtered data replicationJohan De Meersman14 Sep
    • Re: Filtered data replicationRitesh Nadhani14 Sep
      • Re: Filtered data replicationJohan De Meersman14 Sep
        • Re: Filtered data replicationRitesh Nadhani14 Sep
          • Re: Filtered data replicationJohan De Meersman14 Sep
            • RE: Filtered data replicationAndrew Morgan14 Sep