List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 14 2010 5:57am
Subject:Re: Unique ID's across multiple databases
View as plain text
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Johnny Withers <johnny@stripped>wrote:

> This sounds like a good job for a 'NoSQL' system. Maybe?

I can't help but blink at that. How exactly is NoSQL going to fix issues
that are related to topology, not inherent SQL limitations ? Which
particular incarnation of NoSQL are you thinking of ?

Also, I suspect rewriting all 200 clients' services is not going to be an
option :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Unique ID's across multiple databasesKiss D├íniel12 Sep
  • Re: Unique ID's across multiple databasesMarcus Bointon12 Sep
    • Re: Unique ID's across multiple databasesMax Schubert12 Sep
  • RE: Unique ID's across multiple databasesJerry Schwartz13 Sep