List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ritesh Nadhani Date:September 14 2010 3:51am
Subject:Filtered data replication
View as plain text
Hello

In a new system that we are working on, we have a table:

issue_table
=============
id, issue_from, details
1, machine1, "some details"
2, machine1, "some details again"
3, machine2, "some details"
4, machine2, "some details"

Is it possible to setup a master slave replication where, where I can
filter what data goes to which slave? In simple terms, after
replication I would like something like:

slave1.issue_table
===============
id, issue_from, details
1, machine1, "some details"
2, machine1, "some details again"

slave2.issue_table
=================
id, issue_from, details
3, machine2, "some details"
4, machine2, "some details"

Is replication the right tool to do this kind of work? Or there is a
better design to handle such problems. Basically, due to security and
management decision, we would like to keep the data to the slaves
sharded.

Even a pointer to the right tutorial/document would be helpful.

--
Ritesh
Thread
      • Re: Filtered data replicationJohan De Meersman14 Sep
        • Re: Filtered data replicationRitesh Nadhani14 Sep
          • Re: Filtered data replicationJohan De Meersman14 Sep
            • RE: Filtered data replicationAndrew Morgan14 Sep