List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:September 13 2010 9:01pm
Subject:Re: Unique ID's across multiple databases
View as plain text
  If you have 200 Masters in circular replication, and you lose one, on
average twice a week, what is your plan for automatically repairing the
ring??

If the machines are in Customer sites, what control do you have over
getting them alive after an outage?  I forsee week-long outages
downstream of a lazy customer!

Bottom line: Don't do it.