List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eber Duarte Date:September 7 2010 7:19pm
Subject:Re: Restore with a different master
View as plain text
Hi Marcus,

You can setup C as slave of B, in order to avoid extra traffic on master (A), as you said.
After that, as you have only A active (writes is going through this server, right?), you
can stop slave on B and wait for C to catch up. At this time you can issue a change
master on C redirecting it to the same point where B is, since both are in the same
position considering A binary log. Finally, break replication B->A and setup C->A
and retire B server.

That is it. Hope it helps!

Regards,

Eber.