List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:September 7 2010 5:31pm
Subject:Re: Restore with a different master
View as plain text
On 7 Sep 2010, at 19:17, Marcus Bointon wrote:

> Any other suggestions?

I thought of another option. I could temporarily set up all three in a circle, A -> B
-> C -> A. Restore B's backup on C, let it all catch up, now if I stop replication
on B with C fully caught up, I don't see any reason why I can't use B's slave info as new
master host, position and log for C, thus C would cut B out of the loop and continue
replication without missing any updates from A.

Does that sound sane?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Restore with a different masterMarcus Bointon7 Sep
  • Re: Restore with a different masterMarcus Bointon7 Sep
  • Re: Restore with a different masterEber Duarte7 Sep
    • Re: Restore with a different masterRick James8 Sep