List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prabhat Kumar Date:August 11 2010 2:59pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB table replication
View as plain text
might be, on slave that record already exist (..direct entry done on
slave)..
if that record already exist you can skip that...but before skipping must
verify that record.

for skip use following command:

mysql> *SET GLOBAL SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER=1;*
mysql> *start slave;*

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Julian Rawcliffe <jrawcliffe@stripped>wrote:

> On 11/08/2010 14:12, martín arrieta wrote:
>
>> A few comments.
>>
>> 1- servers ids must be unique.
>>
> Master/slave ids are unique, copy-paste error in my post below:)
>

>  2- you have to start the initialize the slave with one dump
>>  *|mysqldump --all-databases --master-data>dbdump.db|*
>>

> Tried that before using the tarball.
> Dumped the master databases (with --master-data)
> reset the slave, import the dump and start the slave.
> The replication works briefly but I now get a dulicate entry error.
>

>> more infohttp://
>> dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto-mysqldump.html
>>
>> 3- did you make the grant on master server?
>> mysql>  *|CREATE USER'repl'@'%.mydomain.com  <http://mydomain.com>'
>>  IDENTIFIED BY'slavepass';|*
>> mysql>  *|GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO'repl'@'%.mydomain.com  <
>> http://mydomain.com>';|*
>>

> mysql> show grants for replicate@'campusgroupsmtp.london.edu';
> GRANT SELECT, RELOAD, FILE, SUPER, REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO
> 'replicate'@'slavehost'
> IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'slavepass'
>

>> more infohttp://
>> dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto-repuser.html
>>

>> Good luck.
>>
>> Martin.
>>
>> On 11 August 2010 09:58, Julian Rawcliffe <jrawcliffe@stripped
>> <mailto:jrawcliffe@stripped>> wrote:
>>
>>    On 11/08/2010 13:45, martín arrieta wrote:
>>
>>        We need more information..
>>
>>        1- mysql versions?
>>
>>    Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.7-log (Ubuntu) on Ubuntu 8.04
>>

>>        2- how did you initialize the slave server?
>>
>>    FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK; in one master session.
>>    SHOW MASTER STATUS; in a different session.
>>
>>    Stop the master and created a tarball of ibdata1, ib_logfile0,
>>    ib_logfile1 and the database directories (with .frm files)
>>
>>    Stop the slave mysqld, unpack the tarball on the slave, start
>>    mysqld.
>>    CHANGE MASTER ....;
>>    START SLAVE;
>>

>>        3- config (master and slave) .. only the replication related
>>        variables.
>>
>>    Master:
>>    server-id               = 2
>>    log_bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
>>    relay_log               = mysqld-relay-bin
>>    log_slave_updates       = 1
>>    expire_logs_days        = 10
>>    max_binlog_size         = 100M
>>    replication user with super, reload, file privileges on *.*.
>>    innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
>>    sync_binlog=1
>>
>>    Slave:
>>    server-id               = 2
>>    log_bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
>>    relay_log               = mysqld-relay-bin
>>    log_slave_updates       = 1
>>    expire_logs_days        = 10
>>    max_binlog_size         = 100M
>>    innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
>>    sync_binlog=1
>>
>>    It is the unpacking of the ibdata1 file that I am unsure about. With
> [...]

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
MySQL DBA

My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB table replicationmartín arrieta11 Aug
    • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB table replicationPrabhat Kumar11 Aug
        • Re: InnoDB table replicationDatabase System11 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James11 Aug
        • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
          • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James12 Aug
          • Re: InnoDB table replicationDatabase System12 Aug
            • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe12 Aug
              • Re: InnoDB table replicationMarcus Bointon12 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe13 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe13 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James17 Aug
    • SUMMARY - InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe18 Aug