List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:martín arrieta Date:August 11 2010 1:12pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB table replication
View as plain text
A few comments.

1- servers ids must be unique.
2- you have to start the initialize the slave with one dump

 *mysqldump --all-databases --master-data >dbdump.db*

more info http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto-mysqldump.html
3- did you make the grant on master server?
mysql> *CREATE USER 'repl'@'%.mydomain.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'slavepass';*
mysql> *GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO 'repl'@'%.mydomain.com';*

more info http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto-repuser.html

Good luck.

Martin.

On 11 August 2010 09:58, Julian Rawcliffe <jrawcliffe@stripped> wrote:

> On 11/08/2010 13:45, martín arrieta wrote:
>
>> We need more information..
>>
>> 1- mysql versions?
>>
> Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.7-log (Ubuntu) on Ubuntu 8.04
>

>  2- how did you initialize the slave server?
>>
> FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK; in one master session.
> SHOW MASTER STATUS; in a different session.
>
> Stop the master and created a tarball of ibdata1, ib_logfile0,
> ib_logfile1 and the database directories (with .frm files)
>
> Stop the slave mysqld, unpack the tarball on the slave, start
> mysqld.
> CHANGE MASTER ....;
> START SLAVE;
>

>  3- config (master and slave) .. only the replication related variables.
>>
> Master:
> server-id               = 2
> log_bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
> relay_log               = mysqld-relay-bin
> log_slave_updates       = 1
> expire_logs_days        = 10
> max_binlog_size         = 100M
> replication user with super, reload, file privileges on *.*.
> innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
> sync_binlog=1
>
> Slave:
> server-id               = 2
> log_bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
> relay_log               = mysqld-relay-bin
> log_slave_updates       = 1
> expire_logs_days        = 10
> max_binlog_size         = 100M
> innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
> sync_binlog=1
>
> It is the unpacking of the ibdata1 file that I am unsure about. With
> MyIsam replication I have done before, it was simply a matter of copying
> the database directories. The mysql notes on replicating with InnoDB are
> very vague.
>

>> Martin.
>>
>> On 11 August 2010 08:57, Julian Rawcliffe <jrawcliffe@stripped
>> <mailto:jrawcliffe@stripped>> wrote:
>>
>>    Greetings
>>
>>    I am try to replicate a couple of databases that use InnoDB tables.
>>
>>    I have followed the standard replication instructions, inasmuch as
>>    they exist for InnoDB,  but every time I try and start the slave I get
>>
>>    Error 'Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation'
>>
>>    Indeed, even attempting to insert into a replica table as root gives
>>    the same error.
>>
>>    Is it the case that any InnoDB tables must have their own
>>    ibd files in order for replication to succeed?
>>
>>    --
>>    Julian Rawcliffe | Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Information
>>    Systems Division
>>    London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United
>> Kingdom
>>    Switchboard +44 (0)20 7000 7000 |
>>    Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 7782 |
>>    Mobile      +44 (0) 7966 907782 |
>>    Email jrawcliffe@stripped <mailto:jrawcliffe@stripped>

>> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System
>> on behalf of the London Business School community.

> [...]

InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB table replicationmartín arrieta11 Aug
    • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB table replicationPrabhat Kumar11 Aug
        • Re: InnoDB table replicationDatabase System11 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James11 Aug
        • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
          • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James12 Aug
          • Re: InnoDB table replicationDatabase System12 Aug
            • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe12 Aug
              • Re: InnoDB table replicationMarcus Bointon12 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe13 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe13 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James17 Aug
    • SUMMARY - InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe18 Aug