List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Julian Rawcliffe Date:August 11 2010 12:58pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB table replication
View as plain text
On 11/08/2010 13:45, martín arrieta wrote:
> We need more information..
>
> 1- mysql versions?
Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.7-log (Ubuntu) on Ubuntu 8.04

> 2- how did you initialize the slave server?
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK; in one master session.
SHOW MASTER STATUS; in a different session.

Stop the master and created a tarball of ibdata1, ib_logfile0,
ib_logfile1 and the database directories (with .frm files)

Stop the slave mysqld, unpack the tarball on the slave, start
mysqld.
CHANGE MASTER ....;
START SLAVE;

> 3- config (master and slave) .. only the replication related variables.
Master:
server-id               = 2
log_bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
relay_log               = mysqld-relay-bin
log_slave_updates       = 1
expire_logs_days        = 10
max_binlog_size         = 100M
replication user with super, reload, file privileges on *.*.
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
sync_binlog=1

Slave:
server-id               = 2
log_bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
relay_log               = mysqld-relay-bin
log_slave_updates       = 1
expire_logs_days        = 10
max_binlog_size         = 100M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
sync_binlog=1

It is the unpacking of the ibdata1 file that I am unsure about. With
MyIsam replication I have done before, it was simply a matter of copying
the database directories. The mysql notes on replicating with InnoDB are
very vague.

> Martin.
>
> On 11 August 2010 08:57, Julian Rawcliffe <jrawcliffe@stripped
> <mailto:jrawcliffe@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Greetings
>
>     I am try to replicate a couple of databases that use InnoDB tables.
>
>     I have followed the standard replication instructions, inasmuch as
>     they exist for InnoDB,  but every time I try and start the slave I get
>
>     Error 'Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation'
>
>     Indeed, even attempting to insert into a replica table as root gives
>     the same error.
>
>     Is it the case that any InnoDB tables must have their own
>     ibd files in order for replication to succeed?
>
>     --
>     Julian Rawcliffe | Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Information
>     Systems Division
>     London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United Kingdom
>     Switchboard +44 (0)20 7000 7000 |
>     Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 7782 |
>     Mobile      +44 (0) 7966 907782 |
>     Email jrawcliffe@stripped <mailto:jrawcliffe@stripped>

> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System
> on behalf of the London Business School community.

Julian Rawcliffe | Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Information Systems
Division
London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United Kingdom
Switchboard +44 (0)20 7000 7000 |
Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 7782 |
Mobile      +44 (0) 7966 907782 |
Email       jrawcliffe@stripped

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System
on behalf of the London Business School community.
InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB table replicationmartín arrieta11 Aug
    • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB table replicationPrabhat Kumar11 Aug
        • Re: InnoDB table replicationDatabase System11 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James11 Aug
        • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe11 Aug
          • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James12 Aug
          • Re: InnoDB table replicationDatabase System12 Aug
            • Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe12 Aug
              • Re: InnoDB table replicationMarcus Bointon12 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe13 Aug
Re: InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe13 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB table replicationRick James17 Aug
    • SUMMARY - InnoDB table replicationJulian Rawcliffe18 Aug