List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Rogers Date:June 21 2010 8:27am
Subject:Re: Replication between one master and multiple slaves
View as plain text
On 08/06/10 19:54, Mats Kindahl wrote:
> To set up multiple servers on the same machine, one usually uses the
> mysqld_multi script. You can see a blog about how I did it under
> http://mysqlmusings.blogspot.com/2009/12/using-mysqldmulti-on-karmic.html.
> There is a mysqld_multi.server script for putting in /usr/init.d that
> starts up multiple servers as well, but I haven't tried that.

I had a look at your blog - thanks for posting it - but I'm unclear on
the final stage:

     # Start the installed server(s).
     Well, not much to say here.

I'm sure I'm being silly, but this is the bit that I'm least clear on -
how do you actually start multiple servers and keep them running after
reboots, crashes (if such things could ever occur!), etc?

As you say, mysqld_multi.server has this job but isn't supported on
Debian-based systems. This is where I always get stuck! Whilst I've
always been able to get multiple servers to run manually, that's a world
away from being confident that I can walk away from it and know they'll
stay running, even if the host has an outage and requires a restart, or
whatever.

Registered in England (0456 0902) @ 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG

Thread
Replication between one master and multiple slavesMark Rogers7 Jun
  • Re: Replication between one master and multiple slavesRick James7 Jun
    • Re: Replication between one master and multiple slavesMark Rogers8 Jun
      • Re: Replication between one master and multiple slavesMats Kindahl8 Jun
        • Re: Replication between one master and multiple slavesMark Rogers21 Jun