List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:June 4 2010 6:44am
Subject:Re: Bug on master to master rep?
View as plain text
On 4 Jun 2010, at 05:42, Database System wrote:

> My two servers' ids are different. Since there is such setting,
> replicate-same-server-id=0 is that means server probably could execute its own updates by
> mistake?

That's not what it does. That setting says whether it should replicate statements that
match its own id. If server A runs a query, replicates to B and runs there. If the query
then somehow gets back to A, it won't run because the server ID matches, thus preventing
a replication loop.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-options-slave.html#option_mysqld_replicate-same-server-id

There is some confusion about master-master terminology. Master-master is merely two sets
of master-slave replication, and each direction is identical to a master-slave config,
there's nothing magic or different about it.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Bug on master to master rep?Database System3 Jun
  • Re: Bug on master to master rep?ANIL YADAV3 Jun
  • Re: Bug on master to master rep?Johan De Meersman3 Jun
  • Re: Bug on master to master rep?Marcus Bointon3 Jun
    • Re: Bug on master to master rep?Database System4 Jun
      • Re: Bug on master to master rep?Marcus Bointon4 Jun