List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Araújo Date:May 25 2010 4:35pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Proxy and Replication
View as plain text
Hello Shawn,

On May 25, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Shawn Green wrote:

> Hello Miguel,
>
> Miguel Araújo wrote:
>> Hi.
>> Does anyone knows how mysq-proxy interacts with replication?
>> I've never used mysql-proxy, and I need an application that stand between the
> master and the slave to analyze the updates that go through the master to the slave. I
> wonder if I should start with mysq-proxy instead of starting from the scratch.
>> Thank you.
>> Regards,
>> Miguel Araújo
>
> Have you looked into mysqlbinlog? It can read a relay log just as well as it can read
> a binary log. The relay logs only contain the changes that the SLAVE IO thread has pulled
> down from the master and buffered until the SLAVE SQL thread can execute/apply them.

Yes, I'm familiar with mysqlbinlog.

> MySQL Proxy generally sits between a client and the server it is trying to connect
> to. In the case of replication, you would want to put it between the slave and it's
> master. To do that you would either need to find or write a script that would handle the
> replication protocol and monitor it for the data you wanted to collect.

Yes, my objective is to put mysql-proxy between the slave and it's master. So, there is
some work related with that? I mean, is there any script to handle the replication
protocol?

> What is it you want to know about your replication traffic?

My first step is to successfully put mysql-proxy working with replication, and just
measure the number of updated that goes from the master to the slave.

> --
> Shawn Green
> MySQL Principle Technical Support Engineer
> Oracle USA, Inc.
> Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo25 May
  • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationShawn Green25 May
    • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo25 May
  • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMats Kindahl25 May
    • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo25 May
    • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo1 Jun