List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:May 25 2010 3:43pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Proxy and Replication
View as plain text
Hello Miguel,

Miguel Araújo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Does anyone knows how mysq-proxy interacts with replication?
> I've never used mysql-proxy, and I need an application that stand between the master
> and the slave to analyze the updates that go through the master to the slave. I wonder if
> I should start with mysq-proxy instead of starting from the scratch.
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Miguel Araújo

Have you looked into mysqlbinlog? It can read a relay log just as well
as it can read a binary log. The relay logs only contain the changes
that the SLAVE IO thread has pulled down from the master and buffered
until the SLAVE SQL thread can execute/apply them.

MySQL Proxy generally sits between a client and the server it is trying
to connect to. In the case of replication, you would want to put it
between the slave and it's master. To do that you would either need to
find or write a script that would handle the replication protocol and
monitor it for the data you wanted to collect.

What is it you want to know about your replication traffic?

--
Shawn Green
MySQL Principle Technical Support Engineer

Thread
MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo25 May
  • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationShawn Green25 May
    • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo25 May
  • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMats Kindahl25 May
    • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo25 May
    • Re: MySQL Proxy and ReplicationMiguel Araújo1 Jun