List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Max Schubert Date:April 7 2010 8:56pm
Subject:Re: Circular replication?
View as plain text
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Mike Diehl <mdiehl@stripped> wrote:
> I'll have to do some more reading about federated tables.  However, I'm
> thinking it might be easier to script the recovery process and integrate
> the "is my master alive?" polling with my network/server monitoring system,
> thus eliminating the need for the SQL scheduler.  The SQL scheduler is really
> cool sounding, but still beta.

Interestingly enough we are doing this to make a distributed polling
tier for Nagios that scales well horizontally :).  I understand your
concern about beta, in my mind it was nice in that it is one less
config file / cron job script to manage, the scheduler keeps all
things database in the database.  I like the idea of that.

My past experiences with MysQL beta functionality has been good, but
we will be doing proof of concept and lab testing before proceeding.

- Max
Thread
Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
  • Re: Circular replication?Marcus Bointon7 Apr
    • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
      • Re: Circular replication?Marcus Bointon7 Apr
        • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
      • Re: Circular replication?Andrew Garner7 Apr
        • Re: Circular replication?Max Schubert7 Apr
          • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
            • Re: Circular replication?Max Schubert7 Apr
  • Re: Circular replication?Ben Mildren7 Apr