List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Diehl Date:April 7 2010 8:40pm
Subject:Re: Circular replication?
View as plain text
On Wednesday 07 April 2010 12:53:55 pm Max Schubert wrote:
> Just found this article last night on circular replication with
> auto-recovery from single node in chain failures:
>
> http://onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/04/20/advanced-mysql-replication.html?p
>age=1
>
> Uses federated tables for 'is my peer alive' along with SQL scheduler
> and a stored procedure to do the alive check and then reconnect a peer
> to the peer+1 server if a replication peer goes away.

I'll have to do some more reading about federated tables.  However, I'm
thinking it might be easier to script the recovery process and integrate
the "is my master alive?" polling with my network/server monitoring system,
thus eliminating the need for the SQL scheduler.  The SQL scheduler is really
cool sounding, but still beta.

I think that for now, I'm going to go with the A<->B->C scheme.  I can move to
a fully circular scheme, later.

In the mean time, I have to migrate all of this from Postgres....

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.
      • Re: Circular replication?Marcus Bointon7 Apr
        • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
      • Re: Circular replication?Andrew Garner7 Apr
        • Re: Circular replication?Max Schubert7 Apr
          • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
            • Re: Circular replication?Max Schubert7 Apr
  • Re: Circular replication?Ben Mildren7 Apr