List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Diehl Date:April 7 2010 4:38am
Subject:Circular replication?
View as plain text
Hi all.

I'm still doing my reading/research before I configure my replicating db
servers, but I've got a few quick questions.

For performance and reliability reasons, I'd like to configure circular
replication between 3 servers, A, B, and C.

1.  Will it work?  If so, is it stable?
2.  What happens when I want to add/remove a host from the circle?
3.  Is there a better way to do it?  I do NOT want a solution where I have to
write to one server and read from another.  The defeats my reliability
motivation.

TIA,

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.
      • Re: Circular replication?Marcus Bointon7 Apr
        • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
      • Re: Circular replication?Andrew Garner7 Apr
        • Re: Circular replication?Max Schubert7 Apr
          • Re: Circular replication?Mike Diehl7 Apr
            • Re: Circular replication?Max Schubert7 Apr
  • Re: Circular replication?Ben Mildren7 Apr