List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Araújo Date:March 17 2010 4:57pm
Subject:Re: master to master replication broke
View as plain text
No problem :-)

Yes, I have already told her to set all the right values afterwars manually.

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:

> Bah, I seem to be on a hair trigger today. Apologies for my blut replies.
>
> 2010/3/17 Miguel Araújo <noradone@stripped>
> Lisa said that the server was rebooted, so I guess that the master info structure was
> lost, and that's the reason for the server not resume replication.
> She also stated the "2.change master to where it was stopped; 3. change master to
> current log file and position", but didn't refer if has done the "complete" CHANGE MASTER
> TO, command.
> So I guess that the slave can't connect to the server because it lacks the IP, user,
> passwd or other option.
>
> Quite possible. If this isn't the case, though, she'll have lost the only source of
> master log and position, and thus end up doing a full sync. Better to verify manually
> first :-)
>

> Deleting the master.info erases the master structure, and erases a possible error
> done in the master structure by the reboot.
>
> Yes, but doesn't magically set it to the right values afterwards.
>

> --
> Bier met grenadyn
> Is als mosterd by den wyn
> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
master to master replication brokeDatabase System17 Mar
  • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
    • Re: master to master replication brokeJohan De Meersman17 Mar
      • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
        • Re: master to master replication brokeSong Voong17 Mar