List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 17 2010 3:44pm
Subject:Re: master to master replication broke
View as plain text
Bah, I seem to be on a hair trigger today. Apologies for my blut replies.

2010/3/17 Miguel Araújo <noradone@stripped>

> Lisa said that the server was rebooted, so I guess that the master info
> structure was lost, and that's the reason for the server not resume
> replication.

She also stated the "2.change master to where it was stopped; 3. change
> master to current log file and position", but didn't refer if has done the
> "complete" CHANGE MASTER TO, command.
> So I guess that the slave can't connect to the server because it lacks the
> IP, user, passwd or other option.

Quite possible. If this isn't the case, though, she'll have lost the only
source of master log and position, and thus end up doing a full sync. Better
to verify manually first :-)

> Deleting the master.info erases the master structure, and erases a
> possible error done in the master structure by the reboot.

Yes, but doesn't magically set it to the right values afterwards.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
master to master replication brokeDatabase System17 Mar
  • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
    • Re: master to master replication brokeJohan De Meersman17 Mar
      • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
        • Re: master to master replication brokeSong Voong17 Mar