List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Araújo Date:March 17 2010 3:30pm
Subject:Re: master to master replication broke
View as plain text
Deal Johan,

Lisa said that the server was rebooted, so I guess that the master info structure was
lost, and that's the reason for the server not resume replication.
She also stated the "2.change master to where it was stopped; 3. change master to current
log file and position", but didn't refer if has done the "complete" CHANGE MASTER TO,
command.
So I guess that the slave can't connect to the server because it lacks the IP, user,
passwd or other option.

It's just a guess...

Deleting the master.info erases the master structure, and erases a possible error done in
the master structure by the reboot.

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:

> Dear Miguel,
>
> Lisa explicitly stated she did not want to dump/sync. You suggest:
>
> Have you tried to delete the file master.info?
>
> Kindly explain to me what this does, and what the consequences are.
>

> --
> Bier met grenadyn
> Is als mosterd by den wyn
> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
master to master replication brokeDatabase System17 Mar
  • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
    • Re: master to master replication brokeJohan De Meersman17 Mar
      • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
        • Re: master to master replication brokeSong Voong17 Mar