List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 17 2010 3:13pm
Subject:Re: master to master replication broke
View as plain text
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Database System <database100@stripped>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have master to master replication ran was fine. One time admin re-booted
> one host and followed rebooted another one. After that, one of the masters
> was able to automatically re-connect to master and continue replication, but
> another master caould not resume replication.
>
> I did three things and all got same error message on the screen. (1.
> re-started slave; 2.change master to where it was stopped; 3. change master
> to current log file and position). The error message is:
>
> ERROR 1201 Could not initialize master info structure; more error messages
> can be found in the MySQL error log.
>
> In the error log, it only said cannot connect to sserver... Error reading
> relay log... read up to .... SQL thread killed ... Normal shutdown
> this log is the same as in another master and that server was able to
> re-connect.
>
> Any idea of how to recover the replication without dump and sync database?

Congratulations. By doing "3. change master to current log file and
position", you *almost* condemned yourself to the dump/sync you dread.

You're actually lucky that it didn't start replicating when you did that.
Hurry up and put it back to the original settings, before you do anything
else - if a single statement gets executed, you're screwed.

As to what's wrong, I would think "cannot connect to server" is pretty
obvious. Find out *why*. Hint: try to telnet into the IP/port configured in
your mysql slave.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
master to master replication brokeDatabase System17 Mar
  • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
    • Re: master to master replication brokeJohan De Meersman17 Mar
      • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
        • Re: master to master replication brokeSong Voong17 Mar