List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Araújo Date:March 17 2010 3:06pm
Subject:Re: master to master replication broke
View as plain text
Hi Lisa.

When you said that: " (...) 2.change master to where it was stopped", what did you do?
CHANGE MASTER TO .... ?
Did you stopped the slave before executing that command?

Have you tried to delete the file master.info?

Miguel Araújo

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Database System wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have master to master replication ran was fine. One time admin re-booted one host
> and followed rebooted another one. After that, one of the masters was able to
> automatically re-connect to master and continue replication, but another master caould not
> resume replication.
>
> I did three things and all got same error message on the screen. (1. re-started
> slave; 2.change master to where it was stopped; 3. change master to current log file and
> position). The error message is:
>
> ERROR 1201 Could not initialize master info structure; more error messages can be
> found in the MySQL error log.
>
> In the error log, it only said cannot connect to sserver... Error reading relay
> log... read up to .... SQL thread killed ... Normal shutdown
> this log is the same as in another master and that server was able to re-connect.
>
> Any idea of how to recover the replication without dump and sync database?
>
> Thanks,
> Lisa

master to master replication brokeDatabase System17 Mar
  • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
    • Re: master to master replication brokeJohan De Meersman17 Mar
      • Re: master to master replication brokeMiguel Araújo17 Mar
        • Re: master to master replication brokeSong Voong17 Mar