List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mats Kindahl Date:March 8 2010 8:36pm
Subject:Re: Addutional slave to a master-to-master replication
View as plain text

Database System wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one master A , and two slaves B and C both replicate A.
>
> Now I want to change A and B as master to master replication. I know how to setup A
> and B. I'm not sure if I need to do any change on C, in order it execute all statements
> once and won't miss any statements. For example, updates on A, and updates original done
> on B, but replicated/executed on A.

Hi Lisa,

I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve, but replication
between A and B will work since A will prune any events tagged with
its server ID. For events that originate from C you have to be careful
since those events will not be pruned by any server if they get into
the loop between A and B.

Note that you cannot replicate from two masters at the same time
(unless you resort to various tricks), so you have to re-direct the A
and B server to each others. If you are too quick in re-directing the
A and B servers, it might be that there are C events in the binlog for
either A or B, and they will then circle forever, and being executed a
lot of times.

Just my few cents,
Mats Kindahl

--