List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 8 2010 9:15pm
Subject:Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the
binary log
View as plain text
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Rick James <rjames@stripped> wrote:

> I, too, got burned big time by a create temp table.  We had a dual-master
> setup, with slaves hanging off both masters (only one master was in write
> rotation).  The standby master was in read rotation, so it received the
> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE requests, which were dutifully replicated to the
> main
> master and all slaves.  So was the DROP.  It was a big waste, and a big
> burden.

I haven't met the tmptable scenario, so I may be wrong, but since MySQL
replication is statement-based, doesn't not replicating your tmp table
creation entail that your subsequent statements that use it will also fail ?

> No -- set sql_log_bin=0; does not work -- it requires (in some versions)
> SUPER.  Having web servers connect as SUPER is totally unacceptable.
>  (Johan
> -- your 0 and 1 were reversed.)

Oops... What, doesn't everyone read their mails bottom-to-top ? :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logAodhan Cullen8 Feb
  • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logJohan De Meersman8 Feb
    • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logSuresh Kuna8 Feb
  • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to thebinary logTyler Poland8 Feb
    • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to thebinary logRick James8 Feb
      • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logAodhan Cullen8 Feb
      • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logJohan De Meersman8 Feb
        • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logRick James8 Feb
          • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to thebinary logGuilhem Bichot9 Feb