List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aodhan Cullen Date:February 8 2010 3:40pm
Subject:how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary
log
View as plain text
Hi Folks,

For our application we use a lot of CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statements to
generate temporary reports. We never use a temporary table to insert or
update data in another table.

However all our CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statements get recorded to the binary
log, which gives our slaves a problem with catching up. They execute all
these statements and there is no need to do so. They could simply ignore
them.

We get around this normally by sending the CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statements
to the slave, so they never go to the master (and never end up in the binary
log then). The problem is when we only have one copy on the master, and the
slave is getting in sync the master's binary log gets filled up with these
unnecessary statements.

My question is there a way I can stop all CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statements
from being logged to the binary log?

Many thanks for your time on this.

Aodhan

Thread
how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logAodhan Cullen8 Feb
  • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logJohan De Meersman8 Feb
    • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logSuresh Kuna8 Feb
  • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to thebinary logTyler Poland8 Feb
    • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to thebinary logRick James8 Feb
      • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logAodhan Cullen8 Feb
      • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logJohan De Meersman8 Feb
        • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to the binary logRick James8 Feb
          • Re: how to never log any CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE statement to thebinary logGuilhem Bichot9 Feb