List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tyler Poland Date:January 29 2010 1:15pm
Subject:Re: Send binlogs immediately?
View as plain text
Alper,

It probably isn't the transfer of the binary logs that is causing the
problem.  Most likely you are running some statement that is
non-deterministic (returns a different result on the replica then it
does on the master).  Some examples of this type of statement include
the following:
-----
insert into [table] select ... (no order by)
update [table] set ... where ... (no order by) limit X
delete from [table] where ... (no order by) limit X
-----

It can be a pain to find the cause but your best bet is to examine your
binary logs using mysqlbinlog.  I usually start by searching for all the
rows that change the table and then look for one of the patterns above.

If you haven't already you might take a look at the Maatkit tools for
getting your database back into sync http://www.maatkit.org/tools.html.

Good Luck,

--
*Tyler Poland*

Thread
Send binlogs immediately?Alper Oguz29 Jan
  • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Shawn Green29 Jan
    • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Alper Oguz8 Feb
      • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Mats Kindahl8 Feb
        • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Alper Oguz9 Feb
          • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Maxim Veksler9 Feb
  • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Tyler Poland29 Jan
    • Re: Send binlogs immediately?Rick James29 Jan