List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej Pintar Date:January 27 2010 4:25pm
Subject:Re: Replication Speed
View as plain text
HI,

Replication is realtime. It updates Live!. You need to watch out for network
interupts. You may get sometimes
replication DISCONNECTS. But it restores connection by itself. However
SLAVEs have only 1 THREAD in replication.
So beware of your bad queries. Optimize max_allowed_packet on MASTER.
Sometimes replication breaks because of it.
I keep it at 1M default. On slave i gave it much more (12M i think).

Seconds behind master helps you sometimes. Since logs (binary and relay are
updated live) pressing F5 you will see
file growth.

I had some strange encounters with replication but data got replicated 2h
later. I think there was some big update there. But generally it should work
fine.

Watch out for LOCKS on slave. Sometimes MySQL itself stops responding to
connections because of it. Every big update on master goes to the slave.

well thats all for now.

2010/1/27 Miguel Araújo <noradone@stripped>

> Hello.
>
> I want to measure replication speed for a great number of replicas. By that
> I mean how soon an event arrives at the slave after being logger to the
> master's binary log.
>
> So, I've started developing an application to read the replication logs in
> order to compare them (compare by time, the log position on the master node
> with the log position on the slave's). My first approach was to use the
> mysqlbinlog to get the log position, in the 'Master_Log_File'. But in the
> slave's the last position that the SQL thread has read and executed is the
> 'Relay_Log_Pos', right?
> I have to read the slave's relay log, in order to get the last position on
> the Master's log executed? And compare with the master's log?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Miguel Araújo

Andrej Pintar
email : api984@stripped
          andrej@stripped
          api984@stripped
web: http://www.api984.net
contact cell: 00385 98 790 639
home server: http://api984.ath.cx
ICQ: 191748772
Skype: api9841
MSN: fatallord@stripped
IRC: api984, freenode.net
::Software is like sex: it's better when it's free::

Thread
Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedErwan Ben Souiden27 Jan
    • Re: Replication Speedsureshkumarilu27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedMarcus Bointon27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedJohan De Meersman27 Jan
    • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
      • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
        • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
          • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
            • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
              • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
                • Re: Replication SpeedRick James27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedAndrej Pintar27 Jan
Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan