List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Araújo Date:January 27 2010 3:50pm
Subject:Re: Replication Speed
View as plain text
Suresh - Yes, I know that fact. That's why I will use virtual machines to do the tests and
analyze the results.
I hope you can help me with the binary logs doubt.
Thanks.

Regards,
Miguel Araújo

On Jan 27, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Suresh Kuna wrote:

> Miguel - It varies from machine to machine, network to network, depends on several
> factors like load, the sql you tested and more over all hardware components present in the
> server.
>
> Thanks
> Suresh Kuna
> MySQL DBA
>
> 2010/1/27 Miguel Araújo <noradone@stripped>
> I want to do do a tpcc benchark on a replicated database with a relatively large
> number of replicas.
>
> The major timing issue is right what you've said "when an event will get *executed*
> on the slave", but I don't want to measure the occasional multisecond delay. As you said,
> replication is generally fast (in order of milliseconds), and my intention is to measure
> this delay in the order of milliseconds.
>
> So, my approach is to read (each 10ms) the binary logs on master and each slave as
> the benchmark runs, and compare the position to finally calculate the delay time. And,
> like I've started questioning in this thread, my doubt is on what relay log to read.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Miguel Araújo.
>
> On Jan 27, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:
>
> > The event *arrives* pretty soon after - unless you have a flaky network, that's
> not really you should worry about.
> >
> > The major timing issue will be when an event will get *executed* on the slave,
> and the answer is: it varies. Events get executed sequentially on the slave, so although
> it will generally be fast (order of milliseconds), a huge update or other long-running
> query will block the queue until it finishes, and thus you could see the occasional
> multisecond delay.
> >
> > It all depends on your workload, though.
> >
> > 2010/1/27 Miguel Araújo <noradone@stripped>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I want to measure replication speed for a great number of replicas. By that I
> mean how soon an event arrives at the slave after being logger to the master's binary
> log.
> >
> > So, I've started developing an application to read the replication logs in order
> to compare them (compare by time, the log position on the master node with the log
> position on the slave's). My first approach was to use the mysqlbinlog to get the log
> position, in the 'Master_Log_File'. But in the slave's the last position that the SQL
> thread has read and executed is the 'Relay_Log_Pos', right?
> > I have to read the slave's relay log, in order to get the last position on the
> Master's log executed? And compare with the master's log?

> [...]

Thread
Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedErwan Ben Souiden27 Jan
    • Re: Replication Speedsureshkumarilu27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedMarcus Bointon27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedJohan De Meersman27 Jan
    • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
      • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
        • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
          • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
            • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
              • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
                • Re: Replication SpeedRick James27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedAndrej Pintar27 Jan
Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan