List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:January 27 2010 2:32pm
Subject:Re: Replication Speed
View as plain text
On 27 Jan 2010, at 15:11, Miguel Araújo wrote:

> I want to measure replication speed for a great number of replicas. By that I mean
> how soon an event arrives at the slave after being logger to the master's binary log.
>
> So, I've started developing an application to read the replication logs in order to
> compare them (compare by time, the log position on the master node with the log position
> on the slave's). My first approach was to use the mysqlbinlog to get the log position, in
> the 'Master_Log_File'. But in the slave's the last position that the SQL thread has read
> and executed is the 'Relay_Log_Pos', right?
> I have to read the slave's relay log, in order to get the last position on the
> Master's log executed? And compare with the master's log?

Replication can be extremely fast - I don't know if MySQL logs store timestamps with
better than 1 sec accuracy. Anyway, I was reminded of this old article which you may find
useful:

http://onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/04/20/advanced-mysql-replication.html?page=3

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedErwan Ben Souiden27 Jan
    • Re: Replication Speedsureshkumarilu27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedMarcus Bointon27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedJohan De Meersman27 Jan
    • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
      • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
        • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
          • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
            • Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan
              • Re: Replication SpeedSuresh Kuna27 Jan
                • Re: Replication SpeedRick James27 Jan
  • Re: Replication SpeedAndrej Pintar27 Jan
Re: Replication SpeedMiguel Araújo27 Jan