List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Angel Nieto Date:December 30 2009 9:16pm
Subject:Re: master/master/slave
View as plain text
MMM can do the folowing checks (copy-paste from the manual)

ping            host is pingable
mysql           MySQL server on the host is alive
rep threads     replication threads are running
rep backlog     replication backlog is not too big

If you set "max backlog" to 1 (for example) a server with 2 seconds of
delay will be out of the cluster.

2009/12/26 Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>:
> So how does it figure out wether the other master was behind on replication,
> which of the slaves were behind, and what slave should be pointed to what
> position in the secondary master's binlogs ?
>
> It's a very interesting thing, and definitely not impossible to do, but I
> found MMM docs to be rather thin on this kind of important details, last
> time I looked at them.
>
> On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Miguel Angel Nieto <
> correo@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You install an MMM node software on each MySQL server. When a Master
>> goes down, MMM control node move the virtual IP to the other Master
>> with all Slaves. It connects to the master and execute the show master
>> status to get the pos and execute the "change master to" on all
>> slaves. Automatically and only in seconds ;)
>>
>> Try it. If you need help, tell me.
>>
>> 2009/12/23 Rick James <rjames@stripped>:
>> > But how does it find the right pos in the other master?
>> >

>> > Rick James
>> > MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review

Thread
master/master/slaveChris Kantarjiev22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveANIL YADAV22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman23 Dec
    • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto23 Dec
      • RE: master/master/slaveRick James23 Dec
        • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto25 Dec
          • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman26 Dec
            • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec
Re: master/master/slaveCarlos Gonzalez28 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec