List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Angel Nieto Date:December 25 2009 10:06pm
Subject:Re: master/master/slave
View as plain text
Hi,

You install an MMM node software on each MySQL server. When a Master
goes down, MMM control node move the virtual IP to the other Master
with all Slaves. It connects to the master and execute the show master
status to get the pos and execute the "change master to" on all
slaves. Automatically and only in seconds ;)

Try it. If you need help, tell me.

2009/12/23 Rick James <rjames@stripped>:
> But how does it find the right pos in the other master?
>

> Rick James
> MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review

Thread
master/master/slaveChris Kantarjiev22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveANIL YADAV22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman23 Dec
    • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto23 Dec
      • RE: master/master/slaveRick James23 Dec
        • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto25 Dec
          • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman26 Dec
            • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec
Re: master/master/slaveCarlos Gonzalez28 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec