List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:December 23 2009 10:31am
Subject:Re: master/master/slave
View as plain text
You just set the slave box to use one of the others as it's master, just
like you did with the second master. What I'm not sure about, is a surefire
way of switching the slave to the other master if the first one breaks.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Chris Kantarjiev <cak@stripped> wrote:

> I want to set up a master/master replication system for two "front-end"
> servers, and a smaller box as slave to one of the masters for a distant
> off-site backup.
>
> I understand how to do master/master. The question for me is how to get the
> slave into the mix. If I turn on "log-slave-updates" on one of the masters,
> the other master will start seeing its own updates.
>
> Is this what
>
> replicate-same-server-id        = 0
>
> is meant for? Will that break the chain?
>
> thanks.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
master/master/slaveChris Kantarjiev22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveANIL YADAV22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman23 Dec
    • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto23 Dec
      • RE: master/master/slaveRick James23 Dec
        • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto25 Dec
          • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman26 Dec
            • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec
Re: master/master/slaveCarlos Gonzalez28 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec