List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ANIL YADAV Date:December 22 2009 7:36pm
Subject:Re: master/master/slave
View as plain text
Yes,

By it will break the chain. To implement this server id's of both server
must be different. When server got own server id to execute . It will  not
update this.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Chris Kantarjiev <cak@stripped> wrote:

> I want to set up a master/master replication system for two "front-end"
> servers, and a smaller box as slave to one of the masters for a distant
> off-site backup.
>
> I understand how to do master/master. The question for me is how to get the
> slave into the mix. If I turn on "log-slave-updates" on one of the masters,
> the other master will start seeing its own updates.
>
> Is this what
>
> replicate-same-server-id        = 0
>
> is meant for? Will that break the chain?
>
> thanks.

Thanks & Regards
-----------------------------
  ANIL  YADAV
+91-9871047883
LinkedIn:-http://www.linkedin.com/in/anilyadav
"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us
by what we have already done."

master/master/slaveChris Kantarjiev22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveANIL YADAV22 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman23 Dec
    • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto23 Dec
      • RE: master/master/slaveRick James23 Dec
        • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto25 Dec
          • Re: master/master/slaveJohan De Meersman26 Dec
            • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec
Re: master/master/slaveCarlos Gonzalez28 Dec
  • Re: master/master/slaveMiguel Angel Nieto30 Dec