List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Madison Kelly Date:December 11 2009 4:55am
Subject:Re: disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4
View as plain text
Andrew Garner wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Madison Kelly <linux@stripped> wrote:
>> Rick James wrote:
>>> If you have no slaves, you don't need to write the binlogs.
>> I realize, which is why I am trying to figure out how to best go about
>> disabling the bin logs. Can I simply comment out the 'log-bin' command in
>> 'my.cnf' or do I need to tell the remaining server that it is no longer
>> replicated somehow?
>>
>> Madi
>
> You can just comment out log-bin and restart MySQL to disable binary
> logging.  There's no need to do anything else, if you don't have any
> slaves.
>
> ~Andrew

This was exactly what I was hoping to hear, thank you. :)

Madi
Thread
disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4Madison Kelly11 Dec
  • RE: disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4Rick James11 Dec
    • Re: disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4Madison Kelly11 Dec
      • Re: disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4Andrew Garner11 Dec
        • Re: disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4Madison Kelly11 Dec
    • Re: disabling replication and bin logs on MySQL v4Simon J Mudd13 Dec