List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Kantarjiev Date:September 28 2009 6:33pm
Subject:Re: move master?
View as plain text
Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 28 Sep 2009, at 18:58, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
>
>> Any bright ideas or tools I've missed?
>
> Why not make t the master while a is out of commission? It should
> already contain all the data from a, so no need to move anything.
> When you get your new box, initially set it up as a slave, then set up
> circular replication, then switch your clients to the new master (and
> break circular replication if you want to).

Hmm. I guess I need a little more detail than this. "circular" replication means
master-master? OK,
but how do I move the slave when all the logname information is different?

Thread
move master?Chris Kantarjiev28 Sep
  • Re: move master?Marcus Bointon28 Sep
    • Re: move master?Walter Heck - OlinData.com28 Sep
    • Re: move master?Chris Kantarjiev28 Sep
      • Re: move master?Marcus Bointon28 Sep
        • Re: move master?Chris Kantarjiev29 Sep
          • Re: move master?Marcus Bointon29 Sep
    • Re: move master?Chris Kantarjiev28 Sep